- $57 million for a "community" swimming pool, tennis courts, and building repairs in the Whitesboro CSD.
- $26 million for what was previously called a "community" performing arts center, artificial turf, and classrooms in the New Hartford CSD.
- $39 million for the new BOCES facilities.
- $187 million for the Utica School District's building program.
- $11 million for little Holland Patent SD.
- $20 million for the Marcy "Nanocenter"
- $22 million for Griffiss
And this is just a short list of capital projects . . . It does not include the day to day amounts that we taxpayers pump into various government entities to maintain some of these things. . . such as the $2 million/year for losses at Griffiss.
To repeat ad nauseum: This is a region of declining population . . . These levels of spending do not represent "real" community needs. Rather, they represent the "wants" of those who are "connected" and will benefit.
For a similar "taking advantage" theme, read Gear's post about Hotel Utica.