Wow! ... If this is news to you, then you haven't been around the area since 1970 when the Oneida County population peaked ... or you have not been reading "Fault Lines-The Greater Utica Blog." Population loss, its cause, and what could be done about it, is a constantly recurring theme here. Here's a sampling:
- What's the Fix for Upstate? (June 9, 2009)
- Stemming Population Loss (October 20, 2008)
- Plunging Populations . . . Exactly What We Deserve! (July 10, 2008)
- That Sinking (population) Feeling . . . (June 29, 2007)
- Causing Upstate's Demise (October 11, 2006)
The problem: OUR GOVERNMENTS (State & Local).
The solution: US GETTING GOVERNMENT OUT OF OUR WAY.
The starting place: Get rid of the politicians in charge who are clueless as to the cause-and-effect of what they've been doing for the last 40 years.