Thursday, December 21, 2006

Visitors from Utica are the Toast of the Town

The arrival of four visitors from Utica has been heralded as "something of an event" in the New York City press. The four visitors are the four paintings by Thomas Cole, "The Voyage of Life," which normally reside right here at the Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute but are currently being displayed at the Hirschl & Adler Gallery in Manhattan. If you have not seen this series before, the Sun's article gives a good description . . . but be sure to see them in person when they return.

Sometimes we take what we have in Utica for granted. It's nice to be reminded just how lucky we are.

[P.S. Here is a link to the exhibition's website.]

1 comment:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

The Hudson River School artists are my favorite!!! When I moved to the Mohawk Valley, I was so pleased to learn that the exquisite paintings by Cole reside here. I have a few prints that adorn my walls (and the scenes from "The Voyage of Life" decorate my desktop.