- Empire Aero struggled to keep business, lagged on payments
- GOP leaders: Despite red flags, Empire Aero benefited region
- Guest view: Empire Aero deal an example of bad public policy
Amazingly, the "clique" that has been running the County for the last 20 years, including the County Executive, EDGE, and most of the County Legislature, are brazenly portraying the millions of local tax dollars squandered on Griffiss as money well spent. . . .
It was not. Empire Aero, and the politically engineered Homeland Security Training Center, were merely pretexts to justify moving the Oneida County Airport from Whitestown to Rome ... and reaping in Millions in Federal aviation funds in the process.
What and Where has the County Clique gotten us?
- An airport that is far too big for our needs that will be a financial albatross around our necks for another generation.
- A violation of environmental laws that will cost the people of the Greater Utica area millions for another generation.
- A violation of an old agreement that led to an expensive lawsuit that has led to a cap on Greater Utica's water supply at 1970 levels, perhaps lasting forever.